Very often the basic problem concerning the proper functioning of graphics, as well as basic applications and games of our computer is incorrect or outdated drivers for the graphics card. That is why it is so important to know about how to do it effectively using popular free programs that we can easily download from the Internet. This article is a kind of practical guide to learn about how to effectively deal with this kind of problem, so popular especially among amateur gamers and e-sports players
Table of contents
How to uninstall graphics card drivers
The basic method to uninstall this type of drivers is to use the built-in programs for uninstalling various applications that are available in our Windows system.
- All you need to do is go to the Control Panel, and then select the Programs and Features window,
- Next, locate the appropriate driver for your graphics card (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce) and right-click on it and select Uninstall,
- Finally, you should also restart your computer to make sure that everything went correctly.
How to uninstall graphics card drivers in Windows 10?
For Windows 10, you should proceed in a very similar way, the only difference being that you should go through the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen into Settings and then select the Applications and Features window. In addition, there is also the possibility to uninstall the program thanks to the Device Manager.
- Again, you have to enter the Control Panel, or type Device Manager in the search box,
- From the list, select Graphic Cards and then select, for example, NVIDIA GeForce and right-clicking on that, select Uninstall,
- However, it is worth remembering that this method does not remove additional software installed along with the driver. We use it primarily in the course of analyzing problems with the graphics driver, or when the graphics driver causes the computer to crash in normal mode, either through a standard black screen or shutdown while running any game or application.
How to remove old graphics card drivers?
The most popular program used to uninstall this type of drivers is Display Driver Uninstaller. With this application we can completely remove NVIDIA or Intel driver from our operating system. Additional facilitation is the fact that the program is available in Polish language, which allows us to easily cope with the operation of this program
- After starting DDU, from the very beginning we should choose the appropriate driver (NVIDIA or Intel) from the drop-down list,
- Then select the first option from the top – Clean and Restart,
- When the driver uninstallation is finished, the operating system will automatically reboot,
- It is important to know that if you had booting problems in normal mode, after uninstalling the driver of the additional graphics card, you will regain access to the system,
- Black screen or complete shutdown at the initial booting stage of the operating system, can be mainly caused by the graphics card driver error, mostly nv4_disp.dll, NvStreamSvc, NvVAD initialization failed etc.,
- If the problem still persists, you can also use the system restore function.
Why should I use Display Driver Uninstaller?
Mainly we should remember that this is the safest method, which, after removal, allows us to very easily and not too time-consuming to install the most modern drivers, which would significantly improve the quality of our computer, both when working in standard applications, as well as while playing the most popular computer games such as The Sims 4 or Grand Theft Auto V. It is mainly thanks to games that many people decide to reinstall drivers by uninstalling outdated ones and thus open themselves to new experiences of computer gaming.