Increasing skill levels in The Sims 4 is the foundation of sim development. Thanks to them sims can get promotions at work, get more cash for created works and make better relationships with other sims. In this guide we’ll tell you how to increase skill levels in The Sims 4 using cheats codes!
Table of contents
How to increase skills in The Sims 4 using cheats?
Skills in the sims life come in handy to make painted pictures prettier and sell them for more money. Higher skill rating in The Sims 4 is also a better chance for promotion and more success in social contacts. Developing all skills requires dedication of many hours, so the developers decided to make it possible to quickly increase skills in The Sims 4 by using cheats codes.
Step 1: Start the testing mode
The first step is to enable the test mode, which allows you to enter more advanced codes. To do this, enter the selected family in The Sims 4 and press the following key combination on your keyboard: CTRL + SHIFT + C. After pressing the keys, a white rectangle should appear in the upper left corner.
Use your mouse cursor to click on the white rectangle, type the following code: testingcheats on and press ENTER on your keyboard. After clicking, a message should pop up in the upper left corner saying “Cheats are enabled”.
Step 2: Enter the skill cheats
First, select the sim on which you want to use the cheat. To do this, click on the portrait of the sim in the lower left corner. Then in the console at the top you need to enter the cheat with the name of the skill and its level. The full list of cheats for skills in The Sims 4 can be found below. Example of cheat to increase the piano playing skill to the maximum level: stats.set_skill_level Major_Piano 10.
After typing, confirm the cheat by clicking the ENTER key on your keyboard. If everything went according to plan, you should see a message on the screen about the maximum development of the skill.
Skill cheats The Sims 4
Skill cheats in The Sims 4 consist of three parts: the first part is the code base (stats.set_skill_level), the second part is the name of the skill in English e.g. (Major_Gardening), and the last part is the skill level from 1 to 5 or 10. Some skills can be developed up to level 5. Also note that some skills are only available if you have an expansion pack.
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Charisma (1-10) – Charisma skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Guitar (1-10) – Guitar skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_HomestyleCooking (1-10) – Cooking skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_GourmetCooking (1-10) – Gourmet Cooking skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_VideoGaming (1-10) – Video Gaming skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Reaping (1-10) – Reaping skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic (1-10) – Logic skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Handiness (1-10) – Handiness skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Painting (1-10) – Painting skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Bartending (1-10) – Bartending skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_RocketScience (1-10) – Rocket Science skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Gardening (1-10) – Gardening skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Piano (1-10) – Piano skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Programming (1-10) – Programming skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Violin (1-10) – Violin skill
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Fitness (1-10) – Fitness skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Comedy (1-10) – Comedy skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Writing (1-10) – Writing skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Fishing (1-10) – Fishing skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Mischief (1-10) – Mischief skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Photography (1-5) – Photography skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Get to Work
- stats.set_skill_level retail_workethic (1-5) – Workethic skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Photography (1-5) – Photography skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Baking (1-10) – Baking skill
- stats.set_skill_level retail_maintenance (1-5) – Maintenance skill
- stats.set_skill_level retail_sales (1-5) – Sales skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Get Together
- stats.set_skill_level Major_DJ (1-10) – DJ skill
- stats.set_skill_level Minor_Dancing (1-5) – Dancing skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Singing (1-10) – Singing skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Herbalism (1-10) – Herbalism skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Spa Day
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Wellness (1-10) – Wellness skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Vampires
- stats.set_skill_level Major_PipeOrgan (1-10) – Pipe Organ skill
- stats.set_skill_level VampireLore (1-15) – Vampire Lore skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Parenthood
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Parenting (1-10) – Parenting skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_DogTraining (1-5) – Pet Training skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Veterinarian (1-10) – Vet skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Bowling (1-5) – Bowling skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure
- stats.set_skill_level Minor_LocalCulture (1-5) – Selvadoradian Culture skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Archaeology (1-10) – Archaeology skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Seasons
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Flowerarranging (1-10) – Flower Arranging skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Get Famous
- stats.set_skill_level Minor_mediaproduction (1-5) – Media Production skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_acting (1-10) – Acting skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Discover University
- stats.set_skill_level Major_ResearchDebate (1-10) – Research & Debate
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Robotics (1-10) – Robotics skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
- stats.set_skill_level AdultMinor_JuiceFizzing (1-5) – Juice Fizzling skill
- stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Fabrication (1-10) – Fabrication skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff
- stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Knitting (1-10) – Knitting skill
Skill cheats The Sims 4 Snowy Escape
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Skiing (1-10) – Skiing skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Snowboarding (1-10) – Snowboarding skill
- stats.set_skill_level Major_RockClimbing (1-10) – Rock Climbing skill
Child skill cheats The Sims 4
Children in their adolescence have their own unique skills that they can develop. There are 4 skills available to children in The Sims 4. The cheats listed below do not work on adult sims.
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Creativity (1-10) – Creativity skill for kids
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Motor (1-10) – Motor skill for kids
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Social (1-10) – Social skill for kids
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Mental (1-10) – Mental skill for kids
Toddler skill cheats The Sims 4
With the update to The Sims 4 with toddler also came skills for them. Toddlers have to learn walking, talking and using the toilet. There are 5 skills available for toddlers.
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Communication (1-5) – Communication skill for toddlers
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Potty (1-3) – Potty skill for toddlers
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Thinking (1-5) – Thinking skill for toddlers
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Movement (1-5) – Movement skill for toddlers
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Imagination (1-5) – Imagination skill for toddlers
What are all the skills in The Sims 4?
There are 20 skills available in the base game of The Sims 4 plus 1 hidden skill. Gaining all skills in The Sims 4 can be counted as a kind of challenge. Some simomaniacs call sim, which has all skills – sim of the renaissance. With new additions there are new skills – currently there are almost 60 of them.
Here’s a list of all the skills in The Sims 4:
- Gourmet Cooking
- Video Gaming
- Rocket Science